UPDATE: Full Black Ops 2 Revolution information with images, full descriptions and video is now available here.
It’s our first whiff of Black Ops 2 DLC and it looks better than ever. According to a recently spotted Black Ops 2 promotional poster the first map pack for the game will be hitting Xbox 360 customers on the 29th of January along with 6 new pieces of original content…
The images were originally posted in the Call of Duty official forums before being removed by the moderators, adding to the validity that this is genuine content we are going to see. Another valid point for the poster is the Tuesday release date which is something extremely common for Call of Duty DLC release dates.
“Revolution is the first downloadable content pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, containing four of the most exciting Multiplayer maps, a thrilling new Zombies map and for the first time ever, a new weapon -The Peacekeeper SMG.”
The maps included in the Revolution Map Pack are:
- Hydro–This large map allows you to use the dam and water to your advantage to block paths and stop enemies.
- Downhill–A medium-sized map based in the French Alps complete with snow, chair lifts, and a strategically placed lodge.
- Grind–Set within the locale of the Venice, California boardwalk, this small skate park map is sure to deliver fast and frenetic Call of Duty action.
- Mirage–This Gobi Desert multiplayer map utilises sand dunes to provide different levels of elevation and a sanctuary in the centre as a natural chokepoint.
- Zombies – Die Rise–The Zombie apocalypse has invaded China, turning down town into a dilapidated and dangerous MC Escher painting.
- Peacekeeper SMG–This impressive sub-machine gun fills the open weapon slot in your load-out with power and accuracy.
If you have opted to purchase a season pass then you’ll get all this content absolutely free when it is available while those who have not will likely have to shell out around $15 for the map pack. According to the poster Xbox 360 players will get the content on the 29th of January which means (due to the Microsoft Activision agreement) that it will be available for PS3 and PC about 1 month later.
What’s great to see in the post above is the addition of a brand new weapon as DLC, during the MW3 DLC season many users were requesting additional weapons and gun packs but IW developers told us it was not possible with their current system. It seems however Treyarch have adopted a much more versatile system in Black Ops 2 allowing for additional weapons to be added to the game! Although the idea of another SMG will grind a few peoples gears it is still a welcome asset. What kind of guns would you like to see in Black Ops 2? Let us know in the comments.