Face Off is now available to PlayStation 3 ELITE Premium members and will be available for all PlayStation 3 users tomorrow, so here is help with downloading the two completely free maps. To view our full post on Face Off and what it holds, click here.
- First of all make sure you are connected to the internet and start up Modern Warfare 3.
- If you haven’t already updated the game to version 1.15 then you will be prompted to do so.
- Download & Install the 1.15 patch. (Release notes here)
- Go to ELITE Playlists & choose from one of the 3 Face Off game modes (1v1, 2v2 or 3v3).
- You will be prompted that you need to download the Face Off Maps, accept and you’ll be taken to the PlayStation Store.
- Choose the download labelled “Call of Duty: MW3 – 2 FREE Face Off Maps: Erosion/Aground (Game Pack)“
- Press the download button.
- If you are presented with a list of downloads for the new content then choose the one whose BLES Code matches the one on your games (See pic below for help) & only download that game pack.
- Let it download the 163 MB File & install it.
Once done, repeat step 4 again and start playing! (If it still says your maps are missing make sure you downloaded the pack which maches your games BLES Code).
NOTE: If you are a PlayStation 3 ELITE Premium member then repeat the steps above for the June Content Drops & hit the Download All button.
Face Off Map: Aground (Free to all MW3 Players): (Available to all MW3 members): Head to Scotland’s Orkney Islands for the latest “Face Off” map, where treacherous cliff faces, networks of caves and the rusted and ruined remains of a grounded transport ship provide for constant combat.
Face Off Map: Erosion (Free to all MW3 Players): (Available to all MW3 members): Make your way through Mediterranean ruins and ancient aqueducts, using leftover Roman masonry for thousand-year-old cover in this new “Face Off” map. An epic visual experiance, brilliant architecture which is built around a 2v2 gameplay style. This map has three main routes, two down the side and one down the middle.