@FourZeroTwo () has just tweeted the following message in regards to hot fixes that have been promised for Modern Warfare 3 in an earlier article found here.
The update coming is not the 1.07 update but instead another Hotfix that will update the game files and content without us knowing since all these updates can happen over the air. The updates that are coming today are as follows:
Hot Fix Updates (Releasing Today 12/12/11):
- Fire rate normalization for Assault Rifles with undermounts
- FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)
- Akimbo FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)
- Fix for Shotgun’s with Extended Mags (Prevents them from shooting more pellets than intended)
- Type95 Re-balancing (Nerf) – Reduce hipspread.
- Fix for ACR with Red Dot / Shotgun
- Fix Type 95 bug related to dropping it.
- Fix map exploits on Dome
Majority of the hot fixes are for nerfing the weapons to make the whole game more balanced. Many users have complained that certain weapons are overpowered and are making the game unfair, up until this point the Type 95 and the FMG9 have been the most powerful weapons in the game (especially the FMG9 Akimbo) so it’s great to see them being addressed.
Update: “The PS3 hit marker sound is still being worked on by the audio department. Although it missed tonight’s hot-fix list it is still going to be addressed as fourzerotwo promised. We’ll post an update when it is incoming.” The hit marker was on the original list released for the hot fixes a few days ago but subsequently has been removed, we look forward to the update though.