The PlayStation 3 version of Modern Warfare 3 will be receiving a substantial update on the 14th of June, addressing a number of problems. You’ll recieve the update message when you try to play online and the game will then automatically update.
Check out the release notes below:
- - 400 new ranks included in 5 new prestige levels
- - Dead Man’s Hand reduce explosive radius
- - Dragunov rebalance
- - Fixed DS/SRP issue with Specialist class
- - Blast Shield Buff in hardcore modes
- - Fixed an issue where some “Defense” kills were not incrementing on the leaderboard
- - Fix for rapid fire glitch
- - Increased damage reduction for Blast Shield in Hardcore modes
- - Fix for Kill Confirmed – Update the player score before updating the team score
- - Competition Mode added to System Link
- Add support for Face Off game mode (With 2 free maps).
- Adds support for ELITE Content Drops 9 – 12.
The most notable additions to the game are the 5 extra prestige levels, bringing the total up to 20 on the PS3. So after a total of 15 updates to Modern Warfare 3 since launch, would you say it’s finally the way it should be?