Since the Infinity Ward team returned back to work a few days ago after the Christmas holidays, the team has been working hard on fixing the spawn logic problems that until now have plagued Modern Warfare 3. We expected the first update of 2012 to be bundled with the first map pack on the 24th of January but it seems Infinity Ward are far more efficient than we first thought.
The hotfix released tonight will fix the spawn problems once and for all promises Call of Duty officials. Up until now, the spawn system has been rather flawed with players being spawned right close to the enemy and at times, right in front of them in their field of view which made the game totally unbalanced at times. The MW3 Updates twitter feed confirmed the update with the following message: “Improvements on when and where you spawn as well as removing ‘revenge spawns’”.
We can’t help but wonder though why the spawn system was changed for Modern Warfare 3 in the first place since it has always worked great in previous Call of Duty games, it begs the phrase“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”
As far as we know this is the only feature that has been fixed in the update, even if that is the case, we are not complaining as it will improve the whole multiplayer experience of Modern Warfare 3 drastically.
There are still a bunch of updates and improvements to look forward to in the near future for Modern Warfare 3 as an official statement revealed, below are a list of future updates likely to be bundled with a DLC release on the 24th of January and dubbed the 1.08 update:
Updates to the Spawn system
- Improvement to PS3 Mic Quality.
- Several improvements to theater cued up for January release including HD rendering on PS3.
- Fix for Shotgun’s with Extended Mags (Prevents them from shooting more pellets than intended)
- Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play.
- Options to allow System Link players to ‘unlock all’ for competitive play in System Link only.